Monday, July 15, 2024

Oh how I missed you!

 Ireland was incredible. Seriously the best trip of my life. And I had a great horse to ride too. Carlos! A cute paint irish cob who ... didn't give a damn. He was super. Just like Dan. Cocky... confident... did his own thing.... always snacking... and definitely wanted to be a cool kid. Someone said him and Dan should become pen pals! And it made me laugh. Carlos definitely has a sense of humor and did try to eat one of the guides horses and kicked the other guides horse, so... you know. I seem to attract a certain type. :) But it did make me miss Danimal too. 

I had the guides laughing at my T-rex on the beach photos. Hee hee. Dan is now famous in Ireland too!

But anyways... I'm home! And I did miss my ponies. I think they maybe missed me. This afternoon I took Dan to the arena and we did some work. We walked and did our pillar workout and then I hooked him up to the double lunge. Before I could finish hooking him up, he got loose and cantered around. Doofus! It's too hot for that nonsense! I managed to catch him with a cookie and then we were able to do some proper work. He's still atrophied and ... still lame. I honestly have no idea anymore if it's from the right front or something else. Sigh.. But we did managed a little work out.

Then I took him back and hosed all the orange and sweat off him and then we hauled to Ashland for a pool party. I hopped on bareback... I rode!!!!! 8 weeks of not being on his back (other than that one cheat when I got on him in the lake a few weeks ago). I missed this view. And he was super! He didn't get stupid or silly even after all that time off. We met Sharon and Baylor and hacked to the lake and played. He definitely didn't paw as much with the right front but we did get a few good swipes. Then we hacked back through racoon loop and up the big hill. We didn't do too much because he had already lunged and I didn't want to overdo it, but it was soooo good to be on him. He felt wonky though. I can't place it, but... I didn't feel like I wanted to trot him on the trails. :( Sadness.

Hopefully we can get a vet appt with Keelin soon. I also sent the lunging videos to Dr. Travis to see what his take is. So... we shall see. But I am grateful to God because I do think he feels better in his neck and nerves. He's not as cranky and sassy and was much friendlier to Baylor than he can be. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment