Thursday, July 18, 2024

Outsmarted

 Oh Danimal... you stinker you!

 

Today I was feeling a little puny (plane germs) so I slept in. I was contemplating going to school XC at stableview and glad I didn't because I woke up at 4:30 am with a fever (which is when I would have had to get up to make it on time). And then when I was walking Lyric back after our ride (I tacked her up at the trailer but rode at home) I realized that my front left tire was about to pop open! The wires in the tread were showing where it had worn from uneven wear. Yikes! So really glad I didn't haul to Aiken as I suspect I wouldn't have made it. Unfortunately that meant that by the time I slept in, got Lyric ridden and then realized my tire was toast... it was noon and I had to get my tire taken care. Luckily Bulldog tire was able to get me right in and Mike picked me up, but.... they weren't done with my truck til 5:30. And... it was storming and supposed to be raining from 5ish to 8ish. Of course... it only rained a little bit from 5:30 to 6. Sigh... I suppose I probably could have taken Dan to Ashland after dinner but... I had given up by that point. So... point is... we didn't get to go to Ashland to do the water treadmill like I had planned. Sigh.. and we can't go Saturday because they have the 3 phase horse show. Oh well. 

 

I did manage to do an adjustment on him, bemer his shoulder, and then do acupuncture. I used the balance method to try to treat his TH meridian and then did some electroacupuncture for his scapula muscles. I was going to shockwave him too but just... felt like too much. But he did well for his electroacupuncture and didn't seem to be sore after. 

 So then when I realized that I wasn't going to get my truck back in time and the weather wouldn't cooperate, I went and got him for a quick lunge. I figured him doing some long and low work wasn't a bad idea. But by then, the wind was whipping up and it was getting dark and you could hear thunder rumbles in the distance. So I thought I would just put him in the roundpen and get it done quick. I put the rope halter on him and the lunge line and asked him to trot. That stinker immediately picked up the trot, tried to grab the lead rope in his mouth and then proceeded to jump right out of the roundpen. And then galloped to the hay feeder in the corner. Dammit Dan!

 

So I went and got him and tried again and he immediately took off and jumped out again. Sigh... Okay.. at this point it was really started to get blustery so I thought I would put the broken piece back up and see if that would keep him in. I did go ahead and take off his halter and lead rope so if he jumped out again I could just let him be. And of course... the little turd eyeballed and immediately took off and jumped it. He even angled it this time! Fine... you win this round! Next time I won't be lazy and will do the double lunge again. 

He made me laugh though. I should have videod it. I knew it was coming. ;) 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment