Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Even Rehab Rides are Fun with Danimal

 Oh how I love this beast! 

He's still pretty atrophied and I know... I know it's going to take 6 months or so. But that doesn't mean we still can't have fun. It was hot today. So hot... but I wanted to do some hydrotherapy so we braved the heat. 

 

We were the only ones there. I loaned Kelli my saddle so we went bareback. Which was fine because I wore shorts anyways. I took him out in the field and we tried a little trot. He actually felt pretty good at the trot. I kept it sort of small because I was bareback and wasn't sure how trippy or not he was going to be. But he felt pretty darn good! Yay! So we played a tiny bit to make sure he was good to go play in the water complex. And I had my phone in my pocket because I was wearing shorts. But it stayed in place. So yay. So we did some walking and trotting and then went into the water complex. We walked two circles each way and then I took him out and was going to trot through the water complex first. I figured that would be easier than trotting circles in it and I wanted to test him out. And we got about two strides into the water complex and my phone disappeared from my pocket. ACK!! We trotted through and I pulled him up and jumped off. I was hoping it had fallen out before we hit the water but... nope. I pulled him in with me and was scanning the area with my hand and feet and didn't find it. Sigh. I thought I saw something glinting in the sun in the grass so I walked back out onto dry land... but nope. It wasn't my phone. UGH... so back into the water complex we went... and I found it! Thank you God!!! And praise God it was still on and functioning!! My equilab was still clocking and it even let me take photos. Basically... it was like it just fell onto dry land. Holy cow! Sweet. So... from that point on, I just held it.

  

 

 

We trotted through the water complex another time or two and then I put him in the water complex and we trotted a circle each way. He was so good! And he even got a little round and fancy! Good boy. Especially since I had one hand on the reins and one on my phone. :) I didn't do too much because I didn't want to over do it. So then we went on hack to the lake. He splashed a tiny bit but didn't really paw. So then we hacked around the lake and did some hills. We trotted a little bit because we hit one patch of bugs. Then we ended up back in the XC field and trotted one more circle in the water complex each way and then headed back home. Oh, and we did walk over a few logs. Most of the time he went over with his left front first, but twice he did right front first. And we did go up the baby bank. 

 

 

But yep... a lovely ride and I had so much fun being back on him and trotting. He was a good boy and had fun too. We also snacked. ;) 

And my phone never skipped a beat!

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment