Sunday, July 28, 2024

Pillar homework and a balm to my anxiety

 Ugh. Today was an unhappy Holly day. I've just been cranky all day because... well, quite frankly, I didn't get to do what I want. Sigh.. yep. I'm cranky. Today has felt wasted because I didn't get to do what I wanted or "accomplish" much yet I also didn't really hang out with Mike... my food was not good and I was hungry... and... Funny's broken. Sigh. The weather won't cooperate but isn't actually raining... just keeps saying it will. So.. ugh. Just not a good day for me. 

So finally I gave up and decided to take 30 minutes and go do groundwork with Dan. I figured it would be too much effort and time to ride and he worked hard yesterday so.... plus, if he really is finally able to use his muscles correctly, I want to make darn sure that he's using himself correctly vs compensating, so... some pillar work seemed like a great plan. 

 

But because I was cranky... I decided to help my heart an soul out a little bit so I hopped on bareback and rode him up to the arena. Just in the rope halter with the one line. And he was great! He rode mostly off my seat and a little bit of neck raining. We played a little bit in the arena. Ha ha... Not so good in there. But... not horrible with the neck rope. 

 

So then I got off and we did a few laps of pillar work. We got some good releases and worked on engaging his thoracic sling and pillar 3 to work those scapular muscles. We also walked over the 10 poles 3 times, once while I was on him. And then we finished with having him straddle and walk the pole. He did great.


So then I rode him back home too because... I'm lazy. ;) We were just about to go over the mound when something spooked him. Hee hee. He was so cute with his little whinny. Good pony!

That helped. I wasn't nearly as cranky after. Thanks bud!


No comments:

Post a Comment