Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Fitting it in between storms

 Well... finally got word on my truck. It needs two new batteries... which isn't cheap. Sigh. Cheaper if I did it myself, but let's be honest. I'm not that kind of girl. It also needs some maintenance but... for the moment, I'm tapped out. So... batteries it is and then I'll take it to Lead Foot in the next month or so for the maintenance. After I can save up some money. Or atleast make some money. (Two weeks off for Ireland was not good for my bank account). Of course this all meant that by the time I got it figured out it was after noon and then of course... I was going to be lucky if they got it done in time to ride. So.... I rode Dan at home. 

 

 

The good news is that it rained before and after I rode. And I timed it beautifully as I got on when it wasn't as extremely hot because the breeze had picked up and was hosing him off as the rain started and as I turned him loose, it started pouring. It also meant though that we only had a short ride and we didn't get to hack around the neighborhood. But oh well. 

   

At least we got it done. We rode bareback again and I took him into the arena. We had those ten trot poles set up so I took him through those quite a few times. He was pretty good and actually felt quite floaty and springy! Except for the one time he tripped and almost face planted. Doh! Sorry dude! Although he was quite lazy and didn't really want to trot today. I had to really ask him to do it and then he wanted to fall out of it pretty quickly. So.. not sure what to make of that. He felt fine once he was going. We did some leg yielding at the walk but nothing steep and only a little bit. And I did have him canter on the left lead for about 1/2 a circle. Then we hacked homeand... we were going to go to the lake but we decided not to because of the thunder and the way the skies looked. And like I said, good call.

 

After the storm was over I pulled him back out and I shock waved him. I did his shoulder/neck base and a little bit over his scapula. And then I did his SI joints and lower back again. And... I'm going to need to replace my trodes again asap! I'm pretty sure the majority of usage was on my own ponies. Whoops! Hopefully I can start making some more money on that machine! He was a good boy though. I also put him back on pentosan and then put him back on equiox. I skipped it last night and I'm wondering if that was some of his laziness today? Of course it could have just been a bad day... could have been the humidity/heat... who knows? 

 

Guess I'll see how he feels Thursday. I'm planning to take him to Ashland and do a little arena ride and then another field ride and some hydrotherapy. :) 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment