Sunday, January 29, 2023

Right lead!?! Hope!!!

This weekend was a pretty good weekend in the Dan realm of things. I slept in Saturday a bit and then went and got hay. $30/bale for alfalfa!!!! Jeepers! But it sure is pretty. I hope they like it. Then after I unloaded it I cleaned up the barn and the house and ate some lunch. And then Kelli came over to ride. Dan was sad because he, Fleck and Funny had to stay in the middle pasture while Marvin was over. I think he misses his friends and doing things. And later when I was practicing trailer loading with Lyric he was watching. With his ears up. 

 

Anyways, after Marvin left I snagged Dan and we headed to the arena. He's such a goober! He's soooo food motivated lately. He keeps chewing on me. He's not biting and he's not being aggressive. He's just playing. He was making me laugh. And other than the chewing on me (which I'm sure is limiting his pillar 1 to some degree), he was a good boy. We did all 3 pillars and he even straddled his pole today without it taking 17 tries! And I pulled off his K-tape, which he was not a fan of! There's still some stick where his butt was shaved! BUT, later I noticed he cantered a tiny bit and I'm pretty sure it was his right lead! Both front and back!!! ha ha.. maybe the K-tape was screwing him up! Doh. 

 

And then later when I was feeding the guy with the fan hangglider was out again. Dan was watching it!. 

Then last night Mike took me to the Optimist for oysters and dinner! And we got a hotel room and stayed overnight in the city. It was fun. We slept in a little and ate breakfast and headed home so the ponies got a late breakfast. More of a brunch. ;) 

 

After I fed I put fresh shavings in all the stalls, cleaned out water and feed buckets, and got them all fluffed and prepped for the rain. Ugh. Then my migraine came back and I had to lay down for a bit. I needed to drag the arena ... I ended up working Dan briefly first. Of course Jean rode up right as we got in the arena and was talking to us. Which was fine, but Dan is not one to be ignored, so he was chewing on me and the lead rope. Sigh. We got back to work and he was still pretty chewy, only today it was more grabby than chewy. But we managed to get our pillars done. And we mostly did the pole straddle. He sort of went sideways at the very end, but... close enough. I also lunged a tiny tiny bit also. He's still so sluggish. But we got some nice trot, even if only one or two circles. 

 
Then tonight again... I'm pretty sure he cantered on the right lead both in the hind and the front!!! Again, only a few strides or so, but... still. And it wasn't like he swapped to the left... he just cantered on the right lead then trotted. Yay! And again, he was waiting at the gate for me when I was messing with the trailer. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment