Sunday, January 8, 2023

Quicky today

 Today was a long day! I got up at 5:30 to be able to go to Cleveland GA to get hay. But I saved $200. And now we've got a full hay closet again. So it was 1 pm by the time I got it all unloaded and got settled. I ate lunch and then grabbed Dan. 

I had planned to do his homework and then ride Lyric at home. So I grabbed Dan and decided to try the sure foot pads with him. He kind of hung out on them but was pretty wiggly. I don't think he disliked them, but not sure he was really enjoying them. We'll try again. I also did a tiny bit of fascial work and then groomed him. He seemed less cranky for grooming, but.. it's hard to tell for sure as towards the end he was a bit more grumpy. So then I grabbed him to go do our homework but Kelli called and asked me to join her at Ashland. I debated and then figured I'd try, so I just did a quick session with Dan in the round pen. We did some pillar walks. And then I used my hay bag that Meg made me and we did slow walking. Then we did pillar 2 and 3. And then we did another bit of slow walking and then I turned him back out. 

And it turns out... I was not able to get Lyric into the trailer in a timely manner, so I gave up and rode her at home. Of course Dan was a gentleman and headed up to the arena with us. He's her emotional support horse. :) And he gets bonus points today because he was happily grazing while Funny went rip roaring off and even Fleck was bouncy, which spooked Lyric!

Hang in there buddy... I'm doing my best big guy... 




No comments:

Post a Comment