Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Hanging Out

 
 I'm not quite sure if Dan is feeling better with the steroids, if he's actually being nicer/more snuggly, or if he's just bored from not working... or if he's his usual self and I'm just over-analyzing. ;) We hung out a good bit today. We snuggled a little bit this morning though he still pins his ears too. After I rode Lyric and worked Funny, I brought him to the trailer and groomed him. He was SOOOOO dirty! And so cranky! Pinning his ears and snarling. Except for when I was grooming his butt. Then we walked up to the arena in pillar 1. Then we did our pillar walks with pillars 2 and 3. We did our slow walks. And we tried to learn how to smile! Then I turned him out and went to collect rocks to help with the arena run off. He followed me and hung out, although I think he was convinced the rocks were cookies. And there were cookies... which I'm sure kept him around. He did finally leave after I went back into the arena. But then later he came back out to find me again. Awwww... Of course he was snarly at dinner again. 

 
But tonight was no prednisolone. Day 1 of once a day instead of twice a day. I maybe should have done it tonight instead of this morning since I was around all day to watch him, but my brain was originally thinking that since I'm working days, it would be better to do the morning dose, so he has it while I'm gone. So too late to change it now. He seemed fine at dinner time, but I'll go out for bed check and make sure. Of course it's going to rain again tonight. Ugh. 

I do love him so much!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment