Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Well Poo....

Well poo....

While Dan's leg wasn't swollen today... he was lame. We had a great warm up walk... then we hit the arena. We had fun doing our walk warm up. Dan was almost perfect for leg yields, shoulder ins, haunches in, half pass, turn on the forehand, and turn on the haunches. We also did halt and rein back and stretchy walk. He was really really good for all of it. Like, actually moving his body appropriately. Yay! We worked on our homework from back when we were lessoning with Kelly. Pushing into the outside rein. he was a bit behing my leg.

So... then I picked up the trot. We started out tracking right and it was okay. Maybe a little funky feel to it, but... not glaringly obvious. But then I changed direction. And he's lame. Like, legit lame... not just rein lame. :( Sigh.. I think it's the right hind. Which, is the leg we haven't treated recently, so....  I only did a tiny bit of trot and then we quit. No sense in making it worse. So we went back out on the trail. He felt better trotting straight. And we cantered a little bit. Just... to help my heart. 









No comments:

Post a Comment