Saturday, June 6, 2020

Bug Out Ride

Today was a hot steamy day.  I woke up at 4:45 with a migraine... woke up at 6:45 thinking it was 8:45... then went back to bed til 8:45 and still felt hung over from my migraine meds. But... stuff had to get done. I did my paperwork and then went to go ride. I did not want to go to Ashland because they were having a show. And... I'm sorry... it just hurts my heart. I don't want to keep seeing people do what I want to do. I don't want it rubbed in my face that I've failed... I don't want to have to chit chat and make nice small talk with people when my heart is hurting so much. So... we bugged out! We decided to go ride at the horse park. And my oh my.... talk about bugs. It was SOOOOO buggy! Like.. not enjoyable it was so buggy. 

We started out at the rings and went to the water complex. Dan was still scared and wouldn't go through the bridge. I didn't push it because who knows? Maybe he's right and it's not secure. Plus it was too hot and I just didn't care. What's it matter? So we went around it and then headed towards the woods. I didn't go in the back woods because it's so eroded there and the footing is so uneven. So we stuck to the top part. Which was really buggy. We did a little bit of trotting when the footing allowed to get away from the bugs. And then a tiny bit of canter too. Then we were heading towards the trailers when Dan picked up a clump of weeds. He couldn't chew through it immediately so he had a blast with it for a bit before it finally flung off. Hee hee... Thanks for making me laugh buddy!


Danny goes bananas    Oh Danimal... You are hilarious!



So then we hit the semi flat area and there was a big deer there! She bounded off and I did a few trot circles. He actaully felt sounder going left... sounder today in general but also sounder going left than right. But it was really hard to tell. It felt like he was throwing that right shoulder way out too. So... maybe he's just compensating better today. 

And then it was too buggy and too hot to do much else so we headed back. I had things to do anyways. 











No comments:

Post a Comment