Thursday, June 4, 2020

Emotional Roller Coaster!

Holy moly someone needs to feed me some hormonal balancing drugs.. or some bipolar behavior drugs, or something. I need to get my shit together!!! Again, I didn't sleep well. I'm stressing about the house....  The new tile looks beautiful and all the rot is gone and it's done properly! But it's not 100% done, nor is the siding. But oh well. It is what it is. And of course I went from not wanting to sell because "where will we go" to wanting to sell because... "I have dreams"!. Sigh.. Whatever.. I need to remember I put it in God's hands and trust that He has a plan. 

Before I could clean before the inspection though, Freddie came for Dan and Fleck. Holy moly did Fleck grow some toe! So Dan got done. And.. unfortunately the helper went to pull his shoes and picked up his left hind pretty high. (Which is completely acceptable, except....) Dan took offense. He wasn't naughty.. he just wavered around some and was clearly trying to avoid putting all that weight and possibly torque on his stifle. But.. it broke my heart. And just is another piece of information piercing my heart. Freddie was amazing and was very gentle after they saw that and there was no more issues. I tossed them back out and then I cleaned up the house some... cut away the rose vines that are encroaching on the porch and then... decided to go ride. My heart couldn't handle anything else. I just.... I'm broken. So broken right now. 

Kelli was riding too. She left Arwyn at home and just brought Marvin and she beat me there. She was doing dressage and dang he looked good! Really good. So while they were finishing up, I went in and did our walk routine. He felt good but I did feel like maybe he wasn't putting his right hind exactly where I wanted it as well today. Like, maybe he was moving around that a little bit. But.. it wasn't bad. So then Kelli finished and came up and we trotted. Yep, still lame, even with the gram of bute. Sigh. It maybe felt a little better, maybe a little worse. I don't know. Kelli said she could have sworn it's right front, but I almost felt right hind. So.. who knows? Maybe it is that right front foot and maybe I do need to MRI it. 

I didn't do much more for obvious reasons so we went for a hack. The boys were good and we went to the lake and Dan splashed around. Then we walked to the woods and went to the creek but Marvin decided he didn't want to go through it today. So we turned around and went back. I ended up leaving Kelli to go home while I stayed in the XC field because I wanted to do a little bit of trotting straight lines, to help strengthen him a little. And because... I needed it. As long as he felt sound in straight lines, I felt like that was okay. Maybe not.. but.. my heart needed it. So... we did. And I'm not sure if it's because he was missing Marvin... as he was doing his little sad quiet neigh under his breath... or because he felt good.. or both, but.. he felt good. We did a few long trots.. And I was trying to keep him contained but he was power trotting!! Not a medium, but bordering on a lengthen. I did a tiny bit (like 4 steps each way) of leg yield in the trot. And then we did two short little canter stints. He picked up both leads the first time I asked and felt good. We trotted a little bit more back towards home and then walked the rest of the way. 

So yeah... ??? 











No comments:

Post a Comment