Sunday, April 14, 2019

Fighting the storms

The legit weather storms we're having today, as well as the storming in my head, heart, and soul. Sigh... I really don't want to be this person. I miss the old me. I've been praying and hoping and just... crying out.. I don't even know what to pray for anymore.

But the storms cleared today and there was a window. After crying a good bit of the morning and taking a moment to do some stuff for myself (updated my blog posts from March, because yes.. I'm that far behind because ... life!) and taking a nap... I decided I wanted to go ride. So.. we did. And God smiled on us and kept the storms away. There was a 40% chance of thunderstorms about 45 min into my ride, but it stayed beautiful out. We had a pretty good dressage school! Dan felt pretty good and we got some good work. We're working on the canter aids (on my end, being consistent) and got some good transitions. We also kept the counter canter both ways a few times!! The trick is keeping his neck straight and keeping my hips moving. Then we met Kelli and went for a 40 min walk hack. It was lovely out. And I feel a bit more at peace, so Thank You God... thank you!






No comments:

Post a Comment