Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Storm Shenanigans

 So... this is a little out of order because I can't remember what day it was actually...but earlier... we had a massive storm roll in. And it came on quick! Oh, it was Sunday....because Dan and I did Ashland that morning and then I rode Lyric that evening. 

Anyways.... When I was leading Lyric back to the barn (because she was foot sore not because I knew it was about to storm) Dan was all riled up because Jean's horses were all riled up. He had his tail flagged and was power trotting. I wasn't sure why but then by the time I untacked Lyric, the skies were pretty black so.. ooohhhhhh... 

Of course they were all hooligans and took off and then the wind picked up. It was actually a bit scary... I thought that we might get a little microtornado! They were all hunkered down by the hay shed so.... I just waited it out. After the winds hit, then came the rain. It was pretty fierce for about an hour and then it passed. And the sunset was glorious!!! I went out to take photos and the horses were crazy! Hee hee... Goobers!

 

I was laughing because in my lesson Kelli had said how I was a "worker" and she could always tell I had done my homework and was working hard on things. I was a doer. Apparently Dan is also a worker bee, because he was practicing loading his hind end and elevating his forehand! Oh Dan! 







 









I had crawled through the pasture and was under their little tree area and I surprised him! hee hee... 


No comments:

Post a Comment