Sunday, June 25, 2023

Dressage Lesson and hack

Dressage lesson: Much happier and not at all fussy even when we asked for more again. Yay... we hit the plateau and stablized and now are moving on again.

Focus more on training, not helping. Make sure my aids are very consistent and very particular. Ie.. don't assist him by asking with more leg... make him obedient to the leg. sharp! worked on the turn on the haunches, need to move my leg back a bit more than i think... still more. 

lovely trot and great positioning. make him go lower when bee bopping around. But not just nose out... 

canter: focus on keeping his straight laterally, now that we've got longitudinally. outside rein, and tracking right, move both hands in... tracking left, move both hands out. use my inside leg as a pulse, when my seat comes forward. Don't clamp with my outside leg. use my aids individually and with a purpose rather than just using them. 

awesome job. very pleased!

then hacked bareback with Baylor and Sharon. trotted even and posted!










No comments:

Post a Comment