Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Dressage at home

Today was Dan's turn to stay at home and Lyric's turn to go to Ashland. Hee hee... Such a tough predicament to have. :) 

We needed to do some dressage and I wanted to practice our test. (Not that I couldn't have done that at Ashland, but... Lyric really needed a hack). So we headed up to ride. He felt a bit funky behind in the beginning. Like.. not his old rein lameness. This felt very much hind end, but... although it felt funky.. it sounded symmetrical and felt symmetrical as far as striding. And in rhythm with the front feet. And the more I tried to feel it... the better it got. Especially after a canter. So... we kept riding though I did keep it somewhat short. But by the end he was bouncy and having fun. He's silly. He gets into the work and then gets all pumped up and proud! I love it! We did practice our test, although I had to guess at the arena size and I didn't realize that I was riding in the large arena instead of the small. Ha ha. Oh well. Same theory. ;) 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment