Sunday, November 6, 2022

Sundays at home

 Today I rode at home. I tacked Dan up at the trailer and we walked up to the arena. We stopped at the hill to do a psoas stretch and Funny decided to join us. She was pestering Dan, so he had to snarl at her. "Sissy... stop interuppting my ZEN!". hee hee. But she's so sweet. So then we carried on up to the arena. Sissy tried to come in, but we kicked her out. We warmed up with in hand pillars and he even gave me some pillar 3 and some decent pillar 2. It was an actual shift without the step back. Yay.

Our ride today

So then I got on and we did our ride, focusing on the relaxed neck trying to build his trapezius muscles and then working on my hands and the connection. He was pretty good. Maybe not quite as balanced and in his core as the other day, but soft and relaxed and swingy. We did try a teeny bit of canter because I wanted to show the video to Celeste. The right lead was better.... but still not great. The left lead was normal, but that didn't get caught on the camera. 

Anyways... it was so hot and humid we didn't do a ton. He got a rinse afterwards. Good boy!



And some updated confo shots. I feel like we're still way far ahead of where we were in March, but.. maybe not as good as we were last month... 

  
So.. top left is March, top right is October, and bottom is today. 



 
So... this was March

This one was late October


And today.


No comments:

Post a Comment