Monday, November 7, 2022

Bonus Ride

A monday ride!! I only had 4 horses at the boarding barn today so I was done by 12:30! Yahoo! (I'll make up for it Friday when I have 11 foxhunters 2 hours away! doh!). I came home and made an actual lunch - sweet potatoe quesadilla. Yay! Then I decided to go ride. I was so tempted to go to Ashland as it was such a pretty day, but I figured I could go there tomorrow. So I tacked Dan up and we meandered through the pasture some and then went to the arena. Funny decided to join us in our meanderings and then snuck into the arena. She kept up with us at the walk but once we started trotting, she went and just hung out. Hee hee. We did our pillar work and just worked on my homework with my reins and my hands and my right leg. He felt pretty good, even though I forgot his bell boot (for proprioception). We did a tiny bit of shoulder in, haunches in, leg yields and half pass at the trot. Just because. No cantering today. I may try lunging him at the canter tomorrow. We'll see. We also focused on our transitions, especially the downs. Smooth and balanced, not on the forehand. We got some good ones. 

 
Then we were done and I went to leave but Funny wouldn't come. So Dan and I had to walk off a ways... and she still woulnd't come, so... we did some trotting and she finally came galloping up. So then we went back to close the arena gate. Hee hee. We did a tiny bit more of trotting because he got all hollow and inverted in the pasture for a minute. But we finished on a good note with a lovely downward. 

 
Then he got a rinse because holy moly it was like 78 degrees today! Then I gave him a fresh hay bag and stuck him on the trailer while Lyric and I practiced loading. It took about 20 minutes but I got her on! Yay! I let her chomp on her own fresh bag of alfalfa for about 5 minutes, then backed her off. Then I asked her to get back on and she pretty much got right on. Super! So we hung out another 5 to 10 minutes or so munching on alfafla and then I unloaded her again. She almost got back on before I could get Dan off. Good girl! And good boy Dan for being so helpful!







No comments:

Post a Comment