Saturday, November 5, 2022

Carpe Diem

 Today was a good day! We ignored our worries and just went and had fun. Despite not getting much sleep, despite a brewing migraine... despite the slight rain, despite the worries about the what ifs... we had a good day! Speaking of not getting enough sleep. Mike woke up super early and was being annoying and kept me awake. And then I finally was going to go back to sleep and I kept hearing Dan banging on the gate. Turns out... the goober had been playing with it and "locked" himself into Fleck's patio. Ha ha.. Good thing I got up. Ha ha. After feeding them I chilled for a little bit and did some laundry and dishes and then it was time to go meet Missy and Indy!  For me head, I took some ibuprofen, downed a Dr. Pepper, and still had that vice grip on my brain, so luckily I had prescription pills. And it finally kicked in. We got to Ashland and tacked up and right as I was putting the saddle on it started sprinkling. But it only sprinkled and it was just for about 5 minutes. Then it got a bit steamy so I was glad I had left my vest in the trailer. 

 

We headed out and met Missy and Indy by Green lake. Dan was so happy to see him! They just marched right up to each other and started sniffing and chewing on each other. We gave them a moment and then we went to go hack. Dan led but then stopped to turn and say hi to Indy again. Hee hee. He really does adore him. They're so darn cute together. They spent the whole ride taking turns leading and taking turns chewing on each others' hineys. At one point Indy stopped to poop and just about pooped down Dan's neck because Dan was so on top of him. And Dan doesn't pin his ears at him either when Indy tries to pass. We had fun. We hacked about and did some trotting. Then we went to the lake and the boys splashed and had fun. 

 
Unfortunately our ride together ended too soon (it was like over an hour!) and Indy went back to Halfshire and Dan and I went back to the arenas. Dan was sooooo sad. Sorry buddy!! But in a little over a month you and Indy get a whole 4 days together at the beach! 

 
Dan and I headed back to the arenas to do a bit more trotting. Both dressage arenas were in use, so we used the jump arena. We just did a little bit of trotting and he felt good. I was practicing my soft following low hands and he was practicing his pillar work. He felt great. We did a tiny bit of shoulder in and a tiny bit of leg yield too. Then we headed back to the trailer via the woods, so we got in a few more hills. It was a great ride. 









No comments:

Post a Comment