Sunday, November 27, 2022

Smart Boy

 You know... Dan and I don't get enough credit sometimes! For me... I created quite a lovely little beasty! For him.. he's quite a lovely beasty! When I remember to use my seat aids.. he listens. Really well! Today we rode at home. I raised my stirrups a hole, which I think will help my leg. Hopefully. Anyways... we did our lunging warm up and he's already straighter! He pretty much started out straight. yay! So after I got on we walked a bit and then did our figure 8 walk both ways. I focused on my seat aids and my weight aids and he's pretty darn good. He tried to get a little crooked in the neck today, but when I paid attention to it, he happily obliged and went straight again. We then did our figure 8 at the trot... and then we did some regular trot work. But we still kept it slow so he was balanced. Then we did some very subtle leg yields and half passes. And he was super. So then we finished with some nice transitions from the trot to walk to trot. And then we had a nice halt and a nice reinback to open the gate. And then he "closed it" with his nose! Good boy. We hacked back to the barn and met up with the other ponies again. Good boy! 












No comments:

Post a Comment