Friday, June 24, 2022

Back to the "grind"

 Ha ha! 

I finally got a day to do some pillar work. It's just been too hot and hard to do it on work days. 11 hours working in this heat and humidity and then still have stalls and feeding... it's just not gonna happen. But Thursday I managed to find some time. It happened to be the hottest part of the day thanks to a poorly timed and extremely long car servicing appointment. Sigh. Oh well. 

I took him up to the arena and he immediately rolled. But he enjoys it so! He was all red and dusty though. Ha ha. So then we did some pillar work. I focused more on letting go in his neck and walking with purpose forward. We didn't do as much pushing his balance back because of the shoes still. But we got some good work and plenty of yawns and licking. Yay! We also played a little bit with the abduction in pillar 3. Going to the right is definitely harder (Right? Or was it left? I think right). But we got a few good steps. 

Then we headed back in. I rinsed him off and cooled him down and they went back in their stalls while Mike and I went to go get motorcycle gear. 

That night I ended up turning him out in the dog pen pasture... because there's actually still grass and it looks like the rest of the pastures and soon to be this pasture will be fried to a crisp soon. So I figured I'd let him enjoy the grass and since he's been so good... I could make sure he wasn't silly while I cleaned stalls. And he wasn't. He just sat there and grazed. Not even any trotting or anything. Trazadone is magic!! 

I almost left him out all night, but figured I'd be smart and put him back in his lane. Which, to be honest, is the length of the pasture anyways because I opened it up since the grass had all fried up. So if he wanted to gallop, he still could. 

Good boy making good life choices though buddy!




And then tonight... I put him out in the pasture again and again, he just kept grazing. So I might leave him out all night. We'll see. :) But we had another pretty sunset!





No comments:

Post a Comment