Wednesday, December 22, 2021

SPOTTY BOY BEACH TRIP 2021!!!! Saturday

BEACH TRIP 2021!!!! 

 

It's becoming a yearly tradition. :) I'm okay with that! I think Dan is too. Yesterday he was all excited and bouncy and pinging around like he just knew he was going to the beach tomorrow. He was excited like a kid before Disney! And this morning he was doing some zoomies too and then practically crawled into his halter to go. 

 

We were able to leave almost on time. I picked Missy and Indy up and we made good time. We decided that because the weather wasn't going to be as cooperative that we would try to go straight to Hunting Island this time. I pulled off to the side near the rangers station and Missy went in and got our beach passes. I do think we probably could have just driven the trailer through that section anyways, but now we know. So then we hit the beach and went for a ride. I'm SOOOOOO glad we did too as that was the most fun ride of the trip and the best weather. It was about 75 degrees and sunny and we rode in t-shirts! 

 
We did some hacking and then when we hit the boneyard I saw the coolest jump. It was a branch over a small puddle that was flowing, so it was almost like a liverpool. I told Missy I was going to do it and let Dan sniff it and then we cantered up to it. He hesitated a split second and then was like "oh... you want me to jump it? sure!" and then jumped. I got left behind. But what a good boy. In retrospect, that was a pretty tall order without any warm up that we were jumping. So we came around a second time and he cleared it like it was no big deal. And we got the coolest video and photo! We found a few other jumps to jump but nothing else quite that cool. And the boys were so good about being back at the beach. It took them all of about 5 minutes to get back in the water and remember how much they love the beach. And it wasn't super calm out there. The waves were more substantial than usual. SUCH good ponies!

When we got home and unloaded the boys they were cracking us up. They ran off chasing each other and leaping about. Dan jumped straight up in the air over the dirt in the gateway. They were playing bitey face and just having fun. It makes my heart so happy that they love each other so much and get along so well. 

We had a great dinner too. We went to Johnson's Creek Tavern and got mahi tacos and she crap soup. And I had a run drink that was pretty tasty too. 

 













No comments:

Post a Comment