Friday, December 3, 2021

Shenanigans, Good ride, Rescue mission

This guy... You would think he'd be resting since he was ridden Sat and Sun at Pine Top, then had Monday off, then dressaged Tuesday, dressage lesson Wednesday, and trail ridden Thursday. I was stuck on the phone on a zoom call all day (which means no video, only photos sadly). So I went out late morning to pull his blanket and ended up just pulling his neck attachment to start. Then I filled up the water trough. While I was doing that... shenanigans ensued!





 

So then I finished with the water trough and it was really warming up so I pulled his blanket off and was snuggling with Funny some... and then ever more shenanigans ensued...  




So then... after that, he and Funny decided to race and play. And I finally went back inside. I have no idea what else ensued after I left. ;) 




So... I ended up with a migraine after that, but took some pills and sat and listened to the zoom call. I was hoping to go ride during the lunch break, but the migraine threw my timing off. But I knew I needed to ride since Mike and I were going to be doing things all day tomorrow and I wouldn't get to ride. So I finally manned up and off we went. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to hack too, but we got in a nice ride. Mike and I were aiming to go to Stone Mountain's Christmas Light Festival tonight, so I had to get home early enough to do that. But we had a great ride. He was super. We practiced our homework and it's still hard, but we managed it some. And we had some great work. Again, just working on all the lateral things and also on getting good trots and canters. Correct trots and canters. Yay!



Then as we were getting ready to leave... and trying to wait for Kelli to come get the generator so she could borrow it for the show... she called and said she had just been in a wreck. She got in a head on collision with two people. Luckily her and Marvin were okay. She was close to Ashland so I went and picked Marvin up and took him home. That way he didn't have to wait there until she was cleared to move her vehicle. He was a good boy and only took a few attempts to load and then him and Dan were happily munching. I dropped him off and then Dan and I got gas and then we finally got home! A little later for Stone Mountain, but we still got to go. :) It was pretty cool!


Of course I found the T-rex!

No comments:

Post a Comment