Saturday, January 2, 2021

Happy 2021!!!

So.. as much as I desperately wanted to keep my trend of riding on New Years Day.... the weather said NOPE. It rained all day long.... maybe it would stop for about 10 minutes but just as I would start to get hopeful for a quick lunge even... it would suddenly start pouring again. Ugh. So I just sat around the house... with a migraine because.... weather changes, hormones, and... yeah. But today!!! The 2nd day of 2021 was gorgeous! Well.. it was a bit humid and a bit warm but chilly at the same time, but.. it wasn't raining!! The sun tried to peek out a little bit and even suceeded towards the end of the day :) 

So after letting the ponies enjoy a leisurely morning while I caught up on chores that I didn't do yesterday thanks to the migraine.. I snagged Dan and off we went. I managed to get all 3 back out together again and this is what I ran into this morning. I was cracking up. 


So anyways... I left Funny with Fleck and Dan and I carried on to Ashland. We met Meg and Kelli there so we did a short dressage school. I still can't figure out how to get him really into the right rein, but we had some short bouts of it and it felt great! We had some really nice upward canter transitions too and a fun power trot down centerline to finish. I would have stayed and worked more but they were done, so... we went for a hack. It was a nice long relaxing one. :) A good day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment