Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Sneaking one in

 Whoo hooo! Well.. kind of. ;) I had a client with two horses cancel for this morning...and I couldn't find anyone to fill that spot that quickly. So... I rode! Yes, it was cold. Yes, I was tired because Emma woke me up at 4:15, 5:30, 6:15 and then finally I got up at 7:30 for good. BUT.... I have to work tomorrow half day to make up for my Monday migraine and... it's supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon, so.. I rode. :) Although I could have used the money too. But... oh well. I got to ride!

I lunged him first and he was actually super!!! I paid attention to where he kept falling in and out and started to preemptively push him out so that made a big difference. And he was just much better today. Much more on the bit and much more through. So yay!! Then we went up to ride and had an okay ride. There were parts where he was much more correct and in the right rein. But there was also a lot more hitchy steps than lately, which is worrisome. But our canters felt quite nice and we had some decent upwards! The downwards are still a little tricky, but... some decent ones. Our trot wasn't quite as nice today, but... it had some good moments. AND, I think our trot half passes were pretty decent. Decent in the sense that he listened to my seat and stayed soft and moving. It wasn't effortless and it wasn't quite as forward, but.. it was way better. And there was some semblance of half pass. :) Good boy!

So... now if we get a lesson Saturday, that means that IF I get to ride tomorrow... or maybe Friday am (but they are calling for snow in the mountains, so I'm guessing cold icy rain here) that means I'll have to jump or hack. No dressage til Sat. :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment