Sunday, August 2, 2020

Where's my Phone?

BOUNCY Dan :)

So today was fun. :) Dan and I are both SOOOOOOO ready! But patience my little one... patience! We're so close, but not yet little buddy. Not yet. And trust me... I'm as anxious as you are!

Anyways... we took a quick hack today. We were in the woods next to the XC field and two friends came cantering by. Very politely cantering, not galloping. And they weren't on the very edge, but close to the edge. I'm pretty sure they didn't see us, but even if they did, there was no reason for them to not canter on by. Well..... that was a great excuse for Mr. Bouncy Pants who proceeded to bounce up and down in place for a bit. And then a bit more. And then some more. :) I got him under wraps and we carried on and did it some more. So then we got to the lake and I went to pull my phone out and.... where's my phone?!?!? Oh dangit Dan! It must have bounced out. So.... we traced our steps. I thought maybe perhaps I had actually left it on the trailer, but... I was pretty sure I had put it in my pocket. We passed the part where he was super bouncy and I didn't see it, so... I kept going. My plan was to trace my steps back to the trailer then come back again.... and pray I didn't step on it! Luckily, just as I was leaving the XC field I came upon two other riders and I asked them to keep an eye out for it. She was smart and called it and she found it!! Yay! And extra bonus... she hopped off and got it for me and handed it to me so I didn't have to figure out how to get back on Dan. (bareback and 17 hands!). So yay!!! I then followed them to the lake (which created more bouncies as we were in back but I wasn't going to dare ask to go in front after they had helped me!).

Dan was super excited because he had a new friend to splash in the lake with! We almost went for a swim, but didn't quite get buoyant. Then I took a different way back because I didn't want to be bouncing anymore. ;) But we headed back too as I was trying to avoid doing a ton of walking.

But yep. A very fun day. Oh, and then because I like to tempt fate... they still had the white tent up from the Ashland show, so... Dan got a little prancy looking at it when we came up to it. But then I asked him to walk up and he walked right up and under it like a good boy. :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment