Friday, August 14, 2020

SOOOOO READYYYYYY

 Danny was a fire breathing dragon!! We are still walking but we are so close to getting to do more. Hopefully!! We went to Ashland for a quick ride before I did more packing. They were having the horse show and there were a few other people there too, so it was a little crowded but not as bad as I expected. When we pulled in we saw Kaitlyn and Deb. I got tacked up and put the leather bit back in and used the bareback pad, because.... swimming and it's hot and... we're just walking. So we started off and it was just as Deb and Kaitlyn were set to head out. I wanted to join them as Dan desperately wanted friends and was super excited to see Dizzy, but.... Deb looked a little stressed about Grout and he was a little up and Dan was a little bouncy, so... I told them we would head the opposite direction. Deb was grateful. Dan was PISSED!! He was so sad. I felt so bad for him. He kept stopping and calling. Poor buddy. I'm sorry! But when you have a reputation for being bouncy and are being bouncy, you can't go hang with the green beans. And he was a little bouncy. We did okay though and then hit the woods and he so wanted to go play. He balled up and tried to canter. I let him for a few strides and then... I couldn't get him back for a few strides. BUT... he leapt into the most wonderful uphill of canters and because I had him in the leather bit, I had to really shorten my reins to try to reign him in. He got super round and collected and we had an amazing canter for a few strides before he dropped out of it. So yay! Maybe the neck injections did make him feel better there. :) So then he gave up and walked politely for awhile. We went to the hay fields but they were fluffing the hay and it was all the way up to the edges so we tried to go back through the woods. Well... we ended up hitting a road block! Three trees had fallen and they had made the most glorious jump.... but alas! Sigh... we had to turn around. So then we went into the hay fields and Dan got bouncy again. I had to tell him that Lucy didn't need US to fluff the hay.. they had machinery for that. Hee hee. So then he settled and we hit a small stretch of flat ground, so I decided to let him trot a little. Holy moly he went for it! He power trotted and was really striding out! It was so fun. :) But we behaved and only did a teeny bit. Then we went to the lake, but.. he ws pouting and wouldn't splash without friends, so we headed back home.
Poor guy. Hopefully we'll have a hack with friends soon. And if not, it'll be December before we know it and he'll have a long weekend at the beach with Indi!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment