Monday, August 24, 2020

Suck it 2020

So.... Dan and I did a 15 min walk hack warm up today. Then we went into the arena and did some lateral work. We basically walked and did turn on the forehand, turn on the haunches, leg yield, half pass, shoulder in, haunches in, and that was it. Once each direction. And he was lovely! It all felt very correct and true. Except at the very end of it, his tongue came out. Hmmm.... That's alarming, because I'm beginning to figure out that the tongue out means he hurts. :( 

And sure enough, when we picked up the trot... he's lame. Like... lame in both directions... both hinds.. I thought. I guess maybe the front end lameness wasn't there.. or it was, but it was truly hind end?? 

Why??!?!  What the frickety frack is wrong with my horse?? Why can't I make him better? Why can't anyone make him better. :( 

Sigh... so we went for a cool down hack and cry. 












No comments:

Post a Comment