Sunday, August 2, 2020

Doin' it anyways

So.... we haven't ridden since last Sunday. When he was bouncy. :) Because Tuesday we went back to Aiken for our vet visit. We were going to get his hocks and stifles injected, which meant, hopefully soon, we can trot! Except, apparently you aren't supposed to use the laser before you inject, so.. we ended up injecting his neck instead. Keelin thought his suspensories looked better and the one dot we saw was still there and unchanged and the rest of the suspensories looked better, so... scar tissue we believe. We injected his neck and he got all scrubbed up and his hair taped up like a circus pony! I can't believe I forgot to take a photo. Oh well. He'd be embarassed. He was fine for the actual injection, but he was super sore for palpation and even probing with the ultrasound. And the spots she found correlated with the spots I found a few days ago when I adjusted him, so... I'm really hoping that this is part of the magic piece with him.


Poor guy... I got up early and fed him and then gave him a bath. Then we hauled to Aiken... then he got worked on... then we hauled home. And then I stuck his butt in a stall. At 6:30 pm. And left him there. Overnight! I didn't even do bed checks because I didn't want to have him get all angry and act up. But... the next morning when I went out to do breakfast, him and Fleck were both happy as clams to have stayed in and didn't even run out of their stalls as soon as I opened them. Granted, they were about to get fed breakfast, but still. So.. huh!? :) 

Anyways... then he got til Sat off... but then at some point Friday night, he pulled a shoe. His right front. Sigh... I was going to maybe ride anyways.. just on the grass. But then Mike and I went to Madison and did some new house stuff shopping and got lunch. And then we did Insanity... and then I was hot and tired, so I didn't ride. Then today, I was going to, but I had to go euthanize Jet. I was going to ride first... but then another dog client needed to be euthanized and I didn't want sweet Roscoe sitting out in the heat all day, so I went and did him first. I'm glad I did. So by the time I finished all that and going to Kroger, it was 5pm. I was going to do invoices and just wait til Tuesday, when Freddie came to do his shoes again... but then the internet was down and Mike was gone so.... off we went!

We were just going to take a quick hack because... you know... no shoe... hot... cranky....  and of course, it started sprinkling when I got there with thunder rumbles. I almost turned around. It was one of those sunny showers that makes you a little leery of getting struck by lightning even when it's not raining! But... I thought we could stick to the woods. So we started off going to the little dam and scaring the blue heron, which scared Dan. My camera wouldn't cooperate, which is a bummer, as I would have gotten a very cool photo! Oh well. It was kind of rocky though, so poor Dan was a little ouchy. My bad buddy.. I'm sorry!!! So we got to the XC field and went into the grass. We then went to the lake and were going to splash, but it's not fun without friends apparently. And there were two friends doing a XC lesson, so Dan wanted to head back. So we did... and munched a lot too. And then we went home. But I think it did us both good to get out and just.... breathe a little. :)













No comments:

Post a Comment