Thursday, December 12, 2019

Drizzly Dressage

Well.... I had a cancellation today and finished early, DESPITE the poopyness of the day. Literally. ;) The dogs dog out of the fence two days ago and I didn't have time to fix it so we've just been leaving the dogs in and just letting them out. Well.. apparently I didn't let Cody out enough last night and when I woke up this morning, there was what I thought was cat puke on the floor.... in two spots. Then I found a big pile of poop. After feeding horses it still smelled like poop. So I looked upstairs. MORE POOP!! It was on the stairs (three steps), on the wall, on the bathroom floor and the top of the steps floor. Sigh.. Then my second patient had diarrhea and some of it splattered on my face. Ugh.. So.. I was about an hour behind in my day between cleaning up poo and then just running late. BUT.. I still got home in time to ride. The weather was a little sketchy looking, but it definitely looks worse tomorrow so I manned up, hitched up, and went! I'm glad I did. We had fun. We didn't get to ride long because it was getting dark and the rain was coming. 

We started off with a hack. Danny was "whoofly". He was snorty and all animated. Which meant it was hard to trot with my dressage stirrups. I was going to let him canter up the big hill but he decided that there might be deer and we should be cautious and trot. Then we went to the dressage arena and did a little dressage. He was SUPER! We did our shoulder in and haunches in and I do believe I'm getting the hang of it. THen we did some canter work. I got a three loop both directions the first time. :) Then we did the three loop with simple changes and he gave me pretty darn good ones. Yay! So then I let him finish our ride with a medium down centerline and he did the turn onto centerline quite nicely. :) Then we went for another hack up by the jump arena and ran into some deer. 

We made it home before the rain! We'll see about tomorrow







No comments:

Post a Comment