Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas Eve Ride

It has rained and rained and rained non-stop for like... 3 days. So... I got up early to go sneak in a ride before Christmas at Mom Searls. I almost didn't.... I was tired.... I woke up at 2:30 am with a migraine and took a pill, so I was still a bit foggy in the morning... But I'm so glad I did it! It was a sunny warm glorious day! I got hot in my long sleeve and fleece. Dan was a good boy too. We did a short hack before and after but because of time, we mostly did some dressage. I started in the jump arena because the footing was so sloppy and I didn't want to tear up the footing. We had a pretty good ride. We are still struggling with the right lead counter canter. So much that I gave up and did a little bit more work over the poles and then we went down to the dressage arena to try the right lead once more.

And... then I decided to try the one part of 3-1. The part where we do shoulder in and then 10 meter circle to centerline and then half pass to the rail. (in trot). And.. it wasn't too bad. :) So yay. Then we held the counter canter and so I called it a day. We finished with a quick hack after too.









No comments:

Post a Comment