Monday, July 7, 2014

Harbins trail ride

 Mr. Dan and I went trail riding with friends! It was so much fun. We met up with Liz and her 6 year old, Party, and then Cindy and her two horses. A friend rode her old guy and she rode her 3 year old, Trey. We had a great time. We made sure to play musical ponies, so everyone was in the front, in the middle, and in the back. Dan did fine with all of it. He seemed to prefer being in front but wasn't nearly as naughty in the back. Except... when he was in the middle, he did let those hind feet fly and got Trey in the chest. Luckily he just grazed him and Cindy was okay with it. We did the 6 mile loop! Danny was an eager beaver and was jigging most of the way home. Doh! He got a little excited when we were trotting and was cantering most of the time. He also threw in some bucks too. Naughty boy. But he went down to the creek and mostly behaved himself. :)

It was a teensy bit bittersweet as Harbins was where I had ponied Dewey. With Party. And Dewey would have been the same age as Party. But it was lovely because a little black and blue butterfly came and hung out with us briefly. I hadn't seen Dewey in a little bit so it was nice that he came to visit. And in all reality, as God knows what's best, I do feel like Danny was meant to be mine. It sucks that Dewey had to leave me, but I don't think I would have been bale to get Dan otherwise. I miss him, but I think it ended like it was supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment