Saturday, May 30, 2026

Obstacles

 

We rode at home today. We played on the obstacles. He was a good boy. He's trying hard. We got the gate pretty darn nicely today! And our backing is getting better. Our cloverleaf circles were decent but the double slalom is still hard. I may end up having to walk it in the show. We'll see. Hopefully  I can get Judy and Kirsten to evaluate us.

 

His neck still looks awful though. But he did feel like he was using himself better. He felt rounder. The right hind is still wak though and our right canter lead is still a bit wonky. But the left lead felt nice and round. I do wonder if his hind end is bothering him enough that he's not using it well enough to get off his front end and go correctly and lift his back, thus the awful neck muscles and posture. Sigh... Hopefully I can get him more comfortable. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment