Friday, May 29, 2026

dressage and hack

 

We headed to Ashland today and got there before Kelli, so we hacked some hills for fitness and stifle strength. Then we met up with her and Marvin and hacked to the lake and back. We saw a snake! Dan didn't care. After our hack, we headed to the arena and I did some arena work. 

   

I shortened my stirrups two holes! Which felt a bit silly but it made a big difference. I felt like I could actually ride. The twist is still wider, but it was less noticeable with the shorter stirrups. I could even canter! And I was just in my cowboy boots (and leggins) and I didn't lose my boots ;) 

 

Dan was a good boy. He's trying hard. And he doesn't feel bad.. he just... feels like he's struggling with that stifle. But it's only been 2 weeks and 4 days since we did the noltrex, so.. hopefully it'll help more soon. I'll shockwave it again soon too. And may even end up doing osphos. We had a good ride though. And man.. he was so frothy! It was like shaving cream under his rear cinch strap. Gross!! I really need to pull those straps off and put the rear cinch on. I'm just too lazy. 

 

He had to hang out after his hosing while I shockwaved Marvin, but he was a good boy. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment