Tuesday, May 5, 2026

Ahhhh... breathing

 

Well... I wasn't going to ride today. But I really wanted to put his saddle on and measure his wither strap and breastcollar. But then, since I had him tacked up (because I couldn't just toss the saddle on without girthing it up to measure the BC), I figured... shoot, just hop on and go for a spin around the neighborhood. Why not?!? I went ahead and put his western bit on, because... I wasn't sure I was ready to trust him in the hackamore if the dogs showed up or whatever. I wanted to make sure I had control just in case.. didn't want to piss off any neighbors. Plus, I kind of wanted to see if I could get him more supple in it. And... I don't know. It's hard to tell on a neighborhood hack. I did take him in the little field next to the tennis courts but it was hard to tell if he was more supple because he was a bit hot. I did have to have pretty heavy contact, so.. maybe I should go back to the snaffle bit. I don't know. He was forward and energetic though. And he had his big powerful trot. But he felt a little inverted. Bold and happy, but not supple. 

 

It was a gorgeous day though and I'm glad I opted to ride! We had fun. 






No comments:

Post a Comment