Thursday, August 22, 2024

No ride.. no work.. but shockwaved

 Poor Danimal. He didn't get to have any fun today. Well, not true... he had a tiny bit of fun. I rode both girls but didn't have time to do anything with him. He hung out in his stall while Lexi worked on the girls and he was quite relaxed and content. We opted to wait til next time for him. 

After they ate, Mike and I ate, and then I walked back out to get him. In the pasture by the round pen I did a little bit of having him move around me like in the TRT method, where he talks about teaching them how to carry themselves. I have no idea if I was doing it right because I didn't pay for his course, but.. ha ha... it seemed right. Of course Dan was silly and kept grabbing the lead line. And he did take off once but came right back. I made him work for it though and had him come close, then back up, then one step at a time forward, and then he got his cookie. Then we did a tiny bit more of the turning in the circle around me but crossing the hind end and staying square in his shoulders. Then we went inside and I shockwaved his suspensories. 

But... I noticed today that he's missing a side clip on his hind shoe. Except, I don't think he's missing it so much as he twisted it a hair and stepped on the clip. Dammit Dan! Seriously... you're really going to get us fired. Like... Russel was JUST here two days ago!!! I'll text Patrick tomorrow but I may just end up pulling his hind shoes for a bit. I mean... at this point... why not?! I'm also going to call Barrow and get foot films again and talk to her about renovo in his suspensories. Sigh... although in my reading.... neurectomy and/or fasciotomy is the treatment of choice. UGH. But... I'm also not sure that that is only a salvage type thing... or... a "buy you time but then they break down thing but at least you can show in the meantime" thing... and I'm not sure I willing to do that. Plus... I'm not sure I'm willing to do stall rest again. So... we'll try the renovo and see what happens with his scapula. 




No comments:

Post a Comment