Tuesday, August 13, 2024

All Heart, All Try

 Ugh Daniel... I love you so much. Thanks for making it better. 

  

 

This morning was sad... both girls are still not right. Funny might as well be unbacked again for as feral as she was. And... I'm just sad still. Stupid hormones. After I rode them, I had lunch and then met Kelli and Marvin at Ashland for a hack. I rode bareback again. 

   

Dan was super. We hacked out and hit the trails. He was in a good mood and a happy camper. We splashed in the lake and he pawed a good bit but didn't swim. Kelli mentioned maybe I should teach him a cue for pawing so that I could encourage it more for his rehab. Or even teach him to spanish walk. I may use a tap on the shoulder or a forward leg toward the shoulder as his cue, along with praise and the word "Paw". 

   

We headed to the XC field to finish our ride and I made him walk a circle each way and then I had him trot one circle each way. I know... I know.. I'm not supposed to be trotting. But... I needed it. I felt like Dan is the only horse of mine that's actually trying today. He's trying to get better. He's trying to be a good boy. He's trying to do what I want. And I know it's not true. But... he hurts too and he's still trying. Sigh... I only did one circle each way and he actually felt pretty good. 

 

 

We walked back up to the trailers and he got a good rinse. He was extra snuggly again today. I swear he knows. I love you too bubs!

 

When we got home I did electroacupuncture. He's so brave. He was not a fan but he stood his ground and was super! And we got lots of twitching so... maybe??? I'm going to keep on hoping because... I can't not.

 


  



No comments:

Post a Comment