Thursday, August 15, 2024

Do no harm

 Ugh... I'm sorry Daniel... I'm sorry!

I guess I overdid the electroacupuncture Tuesday because Wednesday morning he was draging that right front dramatically. Sigh... I'm sorry buddy... I'm so sorry! Luckily by Wednesday evening he was much improved. And this morning, almost back to normal. Of course I had panicked and asked some other vets on facebook. The answers I got were not as helpful as I was hoping but many recommended pneumo again. 

 
Today I took him to Ashland and we met Kelli and Marvin for another short hack. She had time constraints because I had wanted to ride the girls in the morning and she had to clip a horse, so we didn't get to stay out as long as we wanted. But it worked out okay. We still had a nice ride. Dan felt almost normal, maybe a hair short. And he was a bit slower than usual, which made it easier for Marvin to keep up. We did do some hills and he splashed a tiny bit in the lake. I did make him walk and trot one circle each way in the treadmill. Good boy!

 
When we got home I decided to do a hair more electro but I kept it way dialed back. Like.. if he was bouncing the needles I backed it down a teeny bit. Then I did pneumo. He stood quietly and did some licking and chewing, so... I suspect that it's helping. But then... he walked off pretty sore and dragging again. sigh... I'm sorry buddy. When will I learn?! Arghhh... Is this God telling me that I need to back off and let Him do His work? Or... telling me that I just need to give up. Because now, not only am I maybe not making any progress, but I seem to be making it worse. Sigh.. or am I? I don't even know. I don't know if it's a good thing and I just accept that he's gonna be sore the next day? Or is it a bad thing? Arghhhhh.

 
Poor guy. He's such a good sport about it too. I know he's unhappy when his leg doesn't cooperate. He neighed for his friends and then slowly made his way out to pasture. Oh I feel so awful. I'm so sorry buddy. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment