Saturday, February 3, 2024

Not a good day

Ugh... today was a day. At one point this evening Mike looked at me and said "You know, perhaps you should call it.. and just go to bed... before you really hurt yourself or something". Sigh.. yep. 

 

It was pretty but a lot chillier than I thought. More chilly than yesterday but sunshiney. Kelli wanted to ride but was having stomach issues so I went ahead and rode Dan at home. And.. he was worse. I tried to set the pivo up to see if I could at least get some video to send to Kim or Kate. And I spent a good chunk of time yelling at pivo. (At one point... in my video... you hear me yell "over hear Pivo... you idiot.... you suck donkey balls pivo... not you dan, you're a good boy" and then I walk over and smack the phone with my whip to get it to turn and focus on me and Dan. Ha ha... THAT is how my day was going and continued to go. Sigh... I tried really hard to focus on Dan instead of pivo but it didn't work. So I finally gave up. But in the beginning of our ride... we did our pillars.. then lots of walking. Then lateral work at the walk. Then I picked up the trot and we trotted over the trot poles.. he was actually not too bad over those. But then once we started to do other things I felt it all again. He was mincy and short strided in the sitting trot. He was throwing his right shoulder out and over-bending in his neck tracking left. He kept falling out of the left lead canter. And started twisting his head. And it was almost as if he would be okay in the canter if we weren't bent, but the second I tried to straighten him a hair, or touched the right rein, he'd fling his head to the outside and swap and/or drop to the trot. Always on the long side it seemed. Argh... And he was rooting and bouncing in the connection, albeit a long loose connection. 

 

So I cried... took him home. And then Cindy messaged and we were chatting while I was hacking him back home and she mentioned the saddle again. Since I had time... Why not?! I tied him up and went to grab the county from the barn. Because he had pulled back the other day I had put the lead rope without the knot on him. Well... Apparently he pulled free and was trotting down the culdesac. UGH. I went to catch him and he ran into Art's yard.. then cantered down the culdesac and up Jeans' driveway. Great.... Luckily he was saying hi to Jean's horses so I caught him at her gates. So then I took him to the barn with me and got the county. Then we went back to the trailer and girthed him up. Cindy had told me to make sure it was balanced so I sent her a picture. She said it needed a half pad in front so I flipped the stirrups over the top and went to lift it up to put a half pad underneath and the one stirrup flipped back over and smacked me in the face. At least it was the plastic stirrups and not the metal, but.... okay.... ARGH. So anyways, we finally got situated and I headed up to the arena. We started off and he immediately felt more forward! Okay... well, maybe... But then it all came back. The canter was as bad. Sigh. Dangit. So then I started to think, well.. maybe the half pad helped. So why not? We headed back to the trailer and I put the Peter Horrobin back on with the half pad with front shims and we headed back to the arena again. Dan was not amused, but he's a good sport. And... same. No real difference. Still all the same things. He's not lame.. but he's definitely not my normal Dan. So then I cried again. 

 

Then... Mike and I went for lunch on the motorcycle, which was fun. That was a bright spot in my day. Then I decided to take Lyric for a hack. Kelli still wasn't feeling up to riding so I went by myself. When I got there it was super crowded and still chilly. I desperately wanted to park backwards so I could tack up in the sunshine but with all the people there I opted not to. I didn't want to get Lucy upset with me. Unfortunately that meant I had to park in a spot in the opposite direction I normally park in. I pulled in and was sort of angled weirdly between trees because I'm so long. It's okay... that tree is right there but when I leave, I can back up a bit and cut to the inside of it rather than the outside, like I am now. uh huh... Except... I was rushing and distracted by my phone because I was trying to listen to a webinar on the SI Joints. And I put the truck in gear and rolled RIGHT INTO THE DAMN TREE. Seriously?!?! It smashed up my headlight and the bumper and the corner panel. And of course there was a witness. So now I'm embarassed and pissed off. She was sweet and tried to come over and make it better, but like.. no. I just need to get in my car and cry and go home. So I did. It drove fine. Sigh... 

 

But the other good part of my day was that while I was riding Lyric my neighbor Brooke texted me a photo of my trailer with Dan and Lyric in it and asked if it was me on 11 this morning. Yes.....why?!? She said her mom texted her the picture and said the horses in it were keeping her entertained because they kept biting and chewing on eachother. Ha ha. Yep, that would be my heathens. Sigh... it did make me smile. 


 

 



Another positive... While I didn't manage to get that much great vidoe, Pivo did track me for some of it. And I was able to send vidoe (muted) to them and they basically said that it couldn't track the horse from straight behind or straight ahead so to put it at X vs in the corner. Okay... kind of annoying, but if it works... 




No comments:

Post a Comment