Monday, December 18, 2023

Day "off"

 Poor Dan's been working hard so today I opted to give him a light day and a spa day. I put him in the round pen today and we did some pillar work. Lots of releasing so hopefully we're getting some good stuff, especially with pillar 3. Then we tried to lunge. Seriously Dan... you don't have to lunge yourself! He kept grabbing the lead rope, which.. in the roundpen isn't as big of a deal, but.. it means I can't manipulate his body. So after a bit of a "play" he finally settled and let me have a proper lunge. Good boy!

Then we went to the barn and I did some bodywork. We played with the surefoot pads and I did some fascial work. He still has some serious tension right behind the scapula at those cranial ribs. I spent a lot of time there and got some really good releases. Then I adjusted him and did a short K-taping session. Only 20 minutes to help release that fascia, but not cause it to become tighter. (Thanks to the learning from my online vet rehab summit lectures). Then he got to go enjoy the sunshine. 

Tomorrow, back to work. Then he gets Wednesday off as I've got to work and finish Christmas shopping. Then Thursday we go cross country schooling. Yay. 



No comments:

Post a Comment