Saturday, August 26, 2023

SUPA!!!

UGH.. it's sooo freakin' hot!! I opted to not horseshow at Ashland today because it was supposed to be 100 degrees without the heat index. And it was pretty miserable. Although I do think the show ended before it got REALLY hot. 

I had planned to get up early and ride but.. was so worn out from working and ended up with a headache, so... I decided to play it by ear. I didn't sleep great either. But, despite getting up later than I was hoping, I did man up and ride. I put on my sports bra and rode in just that and breeches. And it was hot. But not awful. But hot. I was tempted to ride all 3 horses today since it was Saturday but figured it may be too toasty for that. And for whatever reason.. I really wanted to ride Dan. So I picked him first. Good thing too because after that it was too hot and I opted to not ride Lyric. 

 

(Ha ha.. his pinned ears in his shadow!). 

And Dan was SUPER!! We had a great ride. I rode with two whips. Hee hee. We did our homework from our lesson. We started with our stretchy walk and then trot. And then we did shoulder in and haunches in. Then we did our shoulder in walk trot walk transitions. And he was being awesome. Then we did the shoulder in, 10 meter circle, haunches in and I worked on getting him to go into the shoulder in and haunches in coming out of the corner vs building up to it. We also played a little bit with the mediums. And..those suck. But we did get one really good one. We also played with a more collected canter and got some nice work. We did the three loop canter serpentine and those were nice. Then we worked on our canter to walk to canter transitions with the ping pong. And while I didn't get much ping ponging, I did get some nice downwards, so yay! 

 

It was a FUN ride. For both of us I think. We also did our stretching. We hacked home but.. it was so hot. Plus I was in my bra. ha ha. So no neighborhood hack to cool down. We just untacked and went straight to the hose. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment