Thursday, August 24, 2023

Love This Saddle and this Pony

 lesson with kelly eaton, got to use covered

slightly feral because of lyric in the stall in the barn, kicked out a few times with my whip reminders

worked on leg yield, must go more sideways. got stuck at the base of his neck, so did leg yield, change flexion (half pass), then back to leg yield, then back to half pass.

talked about 2nd level so played with haunches in, 10 meter, shoulder in. haunches in left is hard and shoulder in right is hard. must be more prompt.. not building up to them. have it coming out of the corner. start haunches in halfway through 10 meter circle. don't go for big yet on mediums.. allow the lengthening and keep him upright by ping ponging him side to side if needed

canter to walk... ping pon side to side. it doesn't have to be pretty. it almost needs to be ugly to get him reactive. got some nice canter walk canters. got nicer canters too but need to get them quicker 

overall quite pleased and thinks we're definitely past 1st level and very capable of doing 2nd level, even recognized. good pony

love the saddle.

oh, me... keep my pelvis tippedup and my sternum up and out. keep my elbows above my hips, and my shoulders loose and swinging. Almost like I'm pumping a swing... let my shoulders be a hinge. i don't look ridiculous. left shoulder back and down. 

when dan starts leaning on my right leg, ride both hands to the left and inside (right leg) to get him upright, but when he moves in that direction, reward. Don't wait for perfection. Keep at the small little subtle cheats. he's a thief. keep my reins, don't let him inch them out. 

started with shoulder in down rail and walk to trot to walk in shoulder in. then stretchy circle







No comments:

Post a Comment