Thursday, August 31, 2023

Easy there

I think I might be pushing Dan too hard. 

Had a great ride today but he got very on the muscle and I wasn't able to soften the reins like I wanted. I had to hold him vs softening to him. And his tongue came out once. :( But he seems like he's having fun because when we were done, he surged off again. But maybe I should simmer down a little. 

did have a good ride. Played with the training level eventing test and ran through it for sat. then also played with some 2nd level stuff... 3 loop canter serpentine, canter to walk to canter, more collected canter, trot half pass, shoulder in to haunches in. leg yields. 

good boy just..a little crazy! Oh, and we got some good mediums today but then he got too excited and just starting running, especially down centerline. had to finish with multiple trot to halts. 

cantering... better downwards with my inside leg lifting as I half halt.  also got better canter in general that way.









No comments:

Post a Comment