Sunday, August 11, 2019

Well... guess that's a NOPE!

Windridge......


Got there Friday.... tried to find the dressage arena without the road, so did some trail riding but found it. Lovely fun dressage school..

Grazed...... had a fun night chatting with Cindy and Greg...

Dressage: Great test... broke in the free walk.. ugh.. that's a new thing thanks to riding the training test and him realizing canter comes soon after the walk. also, our halt went rogue.. but a nice test!

Stadium. YAHOOOOOOOO... we figured it out. It helped that they were pretty small. I swear... when they were set for prelim, it looked like what we jumped at chatt for training... but probably not. ;) but he was good!! yay for him.. yay for me...

XC Day: Ugh.... warmed up nicely.. one stop, but may have been because we were sort of waiting for a girl to get out of the way, so I should have circled, so maybe I surprised him... then he was great...
Then we went to do our course.... and he cantered off and didn't stop at the first fence but it was an ugly fence... it almost felt like he jumped onto it.... and then down... I may have popped him with the whip going into it, and I definitely popped him with the whip after, because... GO FORWARD... unfortunately.. he retaliated and did some humpy thing with his hind end and popped me out of the tack and then let out a pretty big buck and sent me flying....

Seriously Dan?!?! Ugh... I dislocated the tip of my ring finger on his neck trying to save myself.. and then landed on my butt and elbow. He took off for the warm up. Luckily Cindy caught him and untacked him for me..... and Marian went with me to the EMTs... they wouldn't let me leave without checking me out.... and then they wouldn't pop my finger back in so... I had to do it. And I did it.. it took me a minute to work myself up to do it.. and it hurt, but not terribly. It made a fun pop noise... and I didn't faint!! I got a little fainty feeling and laid down for a minute... but I didn't faint!

Sigh.... so yep.. that's a big fat NOPE to aec's... as that 3rd clean XC run still eludes me.... I'm disappointed... frustrated that we're struggling at novice for some reason now.. when it was going well in Nov.  I'm a little embarassed..... I don't know...





















No comments:

Post a Comment