Sunday, June 2, 2019

Trading a ride for babysitting

So.. Danimal IS growing up!!! He was such a good pony today. Well.... after he wasn't. He actually got in BIG trouble initially...

I didn't get to talk to the truck shop before they closed Friday, so... I know that they found the problem, but I don't know what the problem is... how much it's going to cost, and how long it's going to take. Sigh... And I don't have a truck now for the weekend. Which, is okay. It was Mike's Saturday and we went to the lake. And then Kelli had offered to come get me for a hack Sunday, so yay! Well, turns out Kelli couldn't make it, but Liz had joined in and was fine with coming to get me, so.. I had her stop at the top of the driveway and we loaded Dan and my stuff up and off we went. He was good getting in her slant load and getting out of her slant load. Liz had a new horse on trial. A 9 year old thoroughbred. We tied them up next to each other and they were good buddies. And then I leaned down to undo Dan's hind fly boot... like I have literally at least once a day for the entire fly season so far (which has been at least a month).... and I don't know if he was on edge from the new horse or thought I was a fly or I just surprised him, but he kicked out. He nailed me right at the edge of my arm, right at the point of my elbow. Holy Moly it hurt! I'm super lucky that he just got a glancing blow, but it still hurt bad!! And it still hurts... When I make a fist or try to lift something with my right hind, my elbow hurts. And it's achy. Ugh...  I thanked God profusely that it wasn't my face... and that he didn't break it, but... seriously horse?!?


So... we tacked up and headed out. And... Liz's horse was a good boy but didn't quite understand the creeks, so we had to hang out and wait and be a lead sometimes. And Danny was sooooo good and patient. He just hung out and didn't get upset. However, after the creek, we let Liz's horse lead and Dan jumped straight up in the air a few times. But even still, it didn't escalate and he just... bounced. :) So we let him back in the front again some.




 (So... this horse is supposedly 16.2. Dan is HUGE!!!!)

Then we did another creek and had to sit and wait again. And then we went to the XC field and let her horse play in the water there and then we left him and then we hung out while she left us. And Dan was super!! He was just a good influence. :)

So then we headed home. It was a nice long walk.







No comments:

Post a Comment