Sunday, November 29, 2015

Jump day

I've been running out of time lately to really ride both. Dang Winter and being dark at 5:30. And life in general being so busy... 
But I managed to hop on Dan and get some jumping in today. :) He was great! The grid was set up and when we raised it for Fleck, it was a 1 to a 1.5 stride. We dropped it for Dan but didn't adjust the distance. I took him through it to see, and for him.. it was perfect. ;)
Like a Boss

Then we did some other fences. He's really doing great! I think he's starting to get it. I can feel him rocking back some and getting a better canter. He's almost wanting to adjust his stride too! YAY! Smart baby horse. :) I'm getting braver to some of the "bigger" fences too. It is funny how the small fences are still scary with him, yet on Fleck the bigger ones aren't. But fair enough. Once Dan gets his distances, the height won't be a problem. :)

Jumping Bean

More Jumping

No comments:

Post a Comment