Saturday, November 7, 2015

Ahhhh....fixing my soul

Oh.... Cantering baby horse through the woods is just Heavenly!!!! It totally fixed my mood and my soul. Sigh....

 


I was having a rough week and am so over this stupid weather. And I didn't have much time but I managed to leave my house at 3:45 and get both horses ridden and back home by 6. I was quite proud. Granted, I only groomed where the saddle went and didn't have to do much more than rub them with a rag after, but still. I got it done. I rode Dan first and got in a nice 45 minute hack. Not a long ride, but we got out some energy and had a great ride.
 

He was being great! The footing was a little sketchy so we mostly walked, but I did find plenty of places to trot and even a few little short areas to canter. Which.... is just heavenly. He really is amazing to canter through the woods. I had to giggle because he was so good. He politely jumped over some puddles and carried on. He is a good Irish Hunt Horse. :) 

But yep.. we had a blast. I feel sooooo much better now. Ahhhhh.... 

I love this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment