Friday, April 17, 2015

Making progress

Yay! I'm so glad that I'm able to swap lessons for chiro care. Danny and I are making progress. It was a good lesson today. Danny has figured out how to stay in front of my leg without spurs. I have figured out how to not nag him every step. He's getting more consistent and straight. He's getting a bit more self carriage. And we actually made a proper circle!!! He's been so much fun. It's nice to be making some progress too. 
 
A bit of our lesson

In our lesson we worked on a 15 meter circle at B, then down centerline and leg yield to the rail. I need to make sure that I don't interfere with the leg yield by blocking him with my inside rein, especially when leg yielding right. And I need to remember to look! And then he got it, but I had to keep my leg on and encourage a bit because he looses the impulsion and then it stutters out. So.. they weren't pretty yet, but we did make some progress.

Such fun. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment