Saturday, March 17, 2012

Another trail ride adventure

So... Danny is getting better about his ears again. And now we're working on fly spray. I agree that suddenly having mist on you is scary! But we're making progress.

I knew he was getting bored so we planned another trail ride. I suckered some friends into joining me and Danny met a few new duos! We all met up at the horse park... me, Dan, Fleck, Peri and Sunny, George and LE, and then Karen and Grant and Kelli and her new pony Jordan. Danny was very interested in the new guys. We started off and we were in the lead. At first I thought Fleck was pumped, but now I think he was trying to get away from Danny. Hee hee. Poor Poor Flecky.... being a bumper pony isn't all it's cracked up to be. Danny spent the first 30 minutes chewing on us. He was chewing on Fleck's head and neck, Fleck's bridle, my knee, my thigh... And he knew he was naughty! He'd do a little nip and then jump back! Little stinker! It was all play bites though... never hard, but he still got a few good smacks for it! So.. we treked off and eventually got to some hills and such and Danny eventually got bored of the chewing game. Or got sick of the smacks and evil Flecky faces.

During the trails we took turns leading and following so Danny was fine in any position. He was much more polite about staying at Flecks' shoulder this time for most of the ride. At the end of the ride, we managed to even go through a puddle a few times! Yay!!! That was actually a first. Then I had to do the "sunken road" again. Well... I stayed on this time ;) But Fleck launched it and then poor Danny basically got dragged along a stride behind. But he did it. Then we untacked, drank some water, and loaded up and headed home.



I spent an hour and a half cleaning the house and then Mike and I went to lunch. When we pulled out, I peeked out for the horses and Danny was flat out snoring in the sunshine. Ha ha!! YAY!!! Finally got him tuckered out :)

More adventures to come! My time seems to be short these days, but I have been making more of an effort during feeding time. We even worked on pulling his mane and cutting it. It's tempting to not pull it because it's not that thick at all, but I think it's just a little too thick to do with scissors only. But so far, so good.

And... he's started nickering at me at feeding times!!! Awww... melt your heart cute!!!! He's got a deep throaty under his voice nicker. My little stallion! We'll have to take care of that soon enough, but at the moment, it's still a cute innocent nicker!

No comments:

Post a Comment