Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Pillar 1

So... my brain has been so frazzled and stressed and trying to percolate through so much information, I honestly don't know what's what anymore. There is still tons more to learn/unravel/sift through... at the moment, I'm hopeful and optimistic again. 

Basically I went rabbit hole diving into the thoracic sling weakness and nerve impingement stuff and am fairly certain that this is Dan's problem. I found a bodyworker who specializes in it and she has given me hope again. I'm accepting the fact that it will take a bit and I'll have to "start all over" again to a degree. And we won't be showing third level in the Spring. BUT... that's okay. Because at this point, I just want to make my pony happy and get us back to having fun again. And I'm optimistic that by taking some time to get him strong and able to use himself properly and getting that nerve unpinched... he'll be able to do the upper level work correctly and we'll have a change in no time. But we will see. 

Anyways... I've been watching and learning and am humbled, horrified, and excited all at the same time. So we started practicing the first step. It's groundwork and his response to pressure. He's awfully ADD and whether it's "nerves" or just silliness, there was a lot of chewing on the rope and me, but... we did manage to get some stuff accomplished. He does let go of his underneck pretty easily in hand... and is able to walk forward with it. I'm not quite sure we have his balance underneath him yet, instead of in front of him, but... baby steps. And I'm not 100% convinced that I need to stop riding him to focus on this yet, but I may get to that point. But I'm not there yet. 




No comments:

Post a Comment