Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Playing hookie and babysitting sissy

 Today was a good day. I was scheduled to be at one farm down the road and they only had 6 horses for me so I finished up at 2ish. Yahoo!! Time to ride. I'm laughing (sadly) a little bit as this week has been so wonderful for riding, yet... not. I had half days Mon, Wed and Fri thanks to cancellations and/or less horses and my usual Tues and Thurs off. So I could literally ride every day this week. And it was supposed to rain basically all week. And even though it's not actually been raining the entire week, Dan doesn't want to dressage. Sigh. But that's okay. It's not the end of the world. There are lots of good things. 

Anyways, I got home, ate lunch, and grabbed the heathens. Poor Fleck was super sad to be left alone, but he seemed to settle quickly. My plan was to just hack with Dan and Funny and let Dan have a fun relaxing no pressure day. Funny loaded up fairly quickly but did take a minute. When we got to Ashland I made them both stand on the trailer while I went to the bathroom. Then I made her stand on there while I groomed and got Dan mostly tacked up. She was MAD! Hee hee. But she didn't destroy anything. Then I groomed her and off we went. 

Dan was motoring and on a mission. And the two of them kept messing with each other. They crack me up. Two peas in a pod. We mostly walked but did a tiny bit of trotting. He was a little inverted but when I tried to ask, he did try so... we did a little bit. As much as I could while dealing with Heathen #2 also. I rode in the jump saddle and he didn't feel "neuro" at all on the trails. So.. yay for that. 

We headed to the lake and Funny was insistent on bathing so Dan hung out and splashed a bit while she got soaked to the bone. Then he rubbed his head on her wet rump while she was splashing. They are silly!

We then headed up the hills and then ended up at XC. Dan had to show her how to do the ditch again and then walked next to a few longs while she trotted over them. 

Then we headed back to the trailer. Unfortunately while I was putting my saddle away she walked under his rope and they both panicked and pulled back. Poor Dan. That's the second time in 3 days that he's pulled back hard enough to almost fall. That's NOT helping your neck friend. 

But it was a fun day and they made me smile. I do love them both so!


No comments:

Post a Comment